10 Great Reasons to Be a Member
1. Connections to a robust network banded together to produce positive results for public health in our region.
2. CME Conference that provides quality education and networking for PAs, and you receive a SIGNIFICANT discount by being a member. You can contribute to the content, help plan the Conference or attend to enhance your professional development.
3. Public Policy/Advocacy to contribute to the strong advocacy program centered on assuring that Indiana PA voices are being heard. The Legislative Committee prepares legislative updates/alerts, and keeps track of public health issues under consideration by the State Legislature. Public Health contracts with a lobbyist to advocate for priority public health issues.
4. Informational Updates directly from IAPA to keep members in touch with each other and on the pulse of current issues through an up-to-date web site and email updates of emerging issues relevant to the PA profession.
5. Networking opportunities to connect with your peers and other health care professionals in our region, building your contacts, sharing ideas, best practices and solutions to enhance your current job, find opportunities for career enhancement, etc.
6. Affiliation with IAPA, the premiere voice of PAs in Indiana, representing 1,500+ PAs in the state.
7. Discounted Educational Offerings, reduced registration fees at all IAPA-sponsored continuing education and networking events.
8. Leadership Opportunities to learn and practice leadership and meeting management skills that you may need for your resume, professional growth or self-promotion. Opportunities are available on the Board, committees and special projects annually.
9. Recognition as an Outstanding PA of the Year or Rising Star awardee. Each year, nominate your colleagues or yourself to celebrate achievements from the past year, recognized at IAPA's annual CME Conference!
10. Empowerment as part of a broader PA community. You are empowered to get involved in issues that affect your personal and professional communities and your quality of life.
BONUS: Indiana PAs are just plain awesome, why wouldn't you want to be a part of our network?