- Promote legislation, legislative activities and ideas that enhance the utilization and practice of PAs in Indiana.
- Provide timely information to PAs on legislative issues affecting physician assistant practice in Indiana.
- Provide representation and expertise on legislative issues that affect PA practice.
- Promote collaborative relationships with legislators, professional groups and organization important to the success of IAPA's legislative interests.
- Serve as IAPA's primary source for practice-related problems, questions and solutions.
- Maintain relationships with other healthcare organizations, associations, academies, third-party payers and governmental bodies, such as the Indiana State Department of Health.
- Maintain a relationship with the Indiana Rural Health Association.
- Promote strategic alliances with key organizations in rural or urban communities.
- Coordinate the crafting of new PA legislation and/or modification of current legislation affecting PA practice.
- Work closely with the IAPA lobbyist and legal counsel.
- Write articles for the IAPA newsletter regularly updating the PA constituency and membership on legislative or PA practice issues.
- Chair shall act as the primary liaison between the state and federal legislature and the related constituency.
Co-Chair: Jason Kolkmeier