As a resource for Physician Assistants practicing in Indiana,
we provide employment listings. Job announcements are posted
upon receipt of $50.00 payment and are listed for 90 days or
until the employer notifies IAPA that the job has been
fulfilled. The employment listing will also be forwarded to
members via the IAPA Google Group list serve. If you would
like to continue running an ad after 90 days, please e-mail
us to continue the listing. If you are interested in posting
a position for PAs, please
or contact our management office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer: Dr. Robert A. Norman/Dermatology Healthcare
Large National Dermatology Practice looking for Physician Assistants or Nurse
Practitioners to service offsite settings in Nursing Homes and Assisted Living
Facilities. Experience in Dermatology preferred. All applicants must have
Physician Assistant License. No re-locating fees available. Amenities include
training, flexible schedule, competitive pay and other reimbursements. Rewards
How to Apply: Email CV to email@example.com
and include 3 professional references and the geographic area (County) where you would like
to be employed.
Contact: Shannon Kerley, Director of Operations
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Fort Wayne Orthopaedics has opportunities available for a full-time Nurse Practitioner
or Physician Assistant to support one or two assigned surgeons in providing care for
office patients and assisting with first responder ER coverage when the Physician is
on call. This position will also assist with hospital activities including traumas,
consults and rounding. Must be currently licensed as a NP or PA in Indiana. Previous
orthopaedic experience desired. Full-time benefits include medical & dental coverage,
life insurance, long/short-term disability, generous paid time off and a 401(k)/Profit
Please e-mail a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Midlevel Provider (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant)
Main Function: Provide orthopaedic care for office patients as directed by
the supervising Physician in addition to providing first responder ER coverage to augment
the On Call Physician. This position will provide support for one or two assigned surgeons.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate and treat new patients with review by the supervising Physician.
- Evaluate and treat post-operative patients at the direction of the Physician.
- Assist in triage of unscheduled "add-on" patients.
- Assist in triage of emergency cases.
- Request x-rays and other diagnostic exams as required.
- Interpret data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Assist Physician in the exam room as requested.
- Apply and remove plaster/fiberglass splints and casts.
- Fit patients for braces, splints and other soft goods.
- Schedule diagnostic tests and consultations with other physicians as needed.
Instruct patients regarding wound care, cast care, treatments,
procedures, pre-op instructions, medical clearance and medications.
Reinforce physician instructions and information.
- Collect specimens for wound culture.
- Close wounds at the direction of the Physician.
- Perform closed reductions under the direction of physicians.
- Communicate with front desk staff to facilitate the flow of patients.
- Coordinate hospital direct admissions.
- Obtain complete history and physical from patients if needed.
- Document results of assessment, history and physical in patient record.
- Provide appropriate billing code consistent with the level of service and diagnosis.
- Dictate all activities in a timely manner.
Complete all information on office charge sheets/SOAP notes to include
diagnosis, office charge, work status, tests scheduled, supplies and
- Write authorizations for work status and school restrictions as directed by the Physician.
- Initiate the pre-certification process for correct billing.
Maintain open communication with the Physicians, Nurses, Patient
Care Coordinators, Surgery Scheduling, and Administration in meeting
- Assist Physician as needed in the Pre-Operative, operative and Post-Operative environment.
- Assess inpatients as needed. Participate in the care with Physician supervision.
- Assist with hospital activities including traumas, consults and rounding.
- Attend nursing staff meetings, in-service training, and other meetings as requested.
- Maintain universal precautions and personal safety at all times.
- Travel to outlying satellite offices as needed.
- Assist in transporting patients using proper body mechanics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Executive Committee
7601 W. Jefferson
Fort Wayne, IN 46804
May travel to Satellite Clinics as needed
Must be currently licensed as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in
the state of Indiana.
- CPR certification is required.
Experience Required: Previous orthopaedic experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of professional medical practice and its standards to administer and evaluate patient's care.
- Knowledge of current national and state physician assistant regulations and reimbursement issues/policies.
- Knowledge of safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations and procedures.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Must speak, read and write English.
- Must use legible handwriting.
- Possess basic computer keyboard skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public.
- Must be flexible in job duties and work hours.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
Equipment Used: Cast saws, medical instruments, surgical instruments,
electrocautery units, scope equipment, tourniquets, braces, splints, immobilizers,
autoclave, computer, printer, fax and other office equipment.
- Requires standing and walking for prolonged periods of time.
- May lift or carry items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- May bend, stoop, and twist to assist in transporting patients and in pushing wheelchairs.
- Vision must be correctable to 20/20 and hearing must be in normal range.
- Manual dexterity to use medical and office equipment.
Working Conditions: Risk of exposure to communicable diseases, toxic
substance, medicinal preparations, cast dust, hazardous waste and other conditions
normal to a clinic and surgical setting.
Hours: To be consistent with clinic and hospital activities.
Schedule may vary due to physician/patient needs.
Position: Exempt, Full-time
60k bonus and 60k loan repayment for part time PA's
The Army National Guard Medical Team currently has opportunities available nationwide
for Physician Assistants to assist work one weekend a month and two weeks in the summer.
Reap the rewards of your training. Service in the Army National Guard provides both
experience and a sense of fulfillment unmatched in the civilian world. Not only does
the Army National Guard provide you with the satisfaction of making a difference in
people's lives but you are also eligible for outstanding benefits, including a $60,000
student loan repayment. Additional pay and bonuses include the $60,000 Healthcare
Professional Special Pay.
Serve your country at a time you're needed the most. There's never been a better time
to think about how you can put into practice the dream that sent you to Physician
Assistant School in the first place. During this difficult time at home and abroad,
your talents will be pushed to the limit and the service you provide to your country
will forever be appreciated.
Work here at home. Treat patients around the world. Army National Guard Health Care
Professionals make an impact everywhere they practice. From keeping soldiers healthy
to helping disaster victims here in the United States and overseas, the rewards are
To find out more about advancing your career as a Physician Assistant and the Army
National Guard please contact: Timeko Whitaker at (317) 710-9533. You may also submit
your resume to email@example.com
Clarian Arnett Health seeking tow Pas to join team - Lafayette, Indiana
Our Hospitalist team is seeking two PAs to join our 14 member physician hospitalist team,
including 3 nurse practitioners. The candidate will round, admit and discharge patients in our
state of the art hospital. The candidate must have hospital experience and if a new graduate
must have worked in an adult critical care area as a nurse for at least 2 to 3 years. Candidate
must have great communication skills, ability to work on electronic medical records and offer
great patient care. If you meet the criteria stated above, please forward your CV to: Lori Lehe,
Full Time PA/NP Needed For Correctional Facility - Lake County, Indiana
We are seeking a full time PA/NP for immediate employment at the Lake County Jail, a
correctional facility located in Crown Point, Indiana that has an average daily population of
1,000 inmates. Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
All candidates must be board certified PA/ANP/ACNP, have licensure and prescriptive authority
in Indiana. We offer a competitive salary and company benefits which include health, dental,
vision, and life insurance. Please submit your resume and salary history via e-mail to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to:
- Responding to and initiating care for inmate and staff emergencies throughout the facility.
- Performing health assessments, histories, and physicals on inmates in a variety of settings.
- Providing patient examinations and treatments.
- Implementing medical and nursing care orders.
- Following-up on physician's verbal and written orders.
- Participating in problem-solving, quality assurance, and process improvement activities.
- Assisting with education/training of the healthcare staff.
Dermatology, Inc. seeking Physician Assistant
Dermatology, Inc. was founded in 1968 and provides comprehensive medical, surgical and cosmetic
skin care to meet the needs of our patients. We have nine board certified physicians and three
allied health professionals. We have expanded to several locations throughout Indianapolis
and surrounding areas.
We are looking for a full-time PA with at least 3 years of experience, dermatology experience
preferred. Indiana licensure and appropriate certification is required. The job's purpose is to
promote and maintain health by providing medical services under the supervision of a physician. The
desired candidate will be quick to learn, display strong interpersonal skills and is able to
work well with others. Will have strong clinical skills and be able to provide continuity of
care by developing and implementing patient management plans. We offer a competitive salary,
full benefits and a pension plan. The position does not include holidays or weekend hours.
Fax (317) 921-7478
PA needed for Orthopaedic Surgery Practice
Fast-paced 20 physician Orthopaedic Surgery practice in Indiana currently seeking
experienced Physician Assistant. Competitive salary and benefit package. E-mail resumes to
Emergency Medicine/Hospitalist Practice Group with Mid-Level Provider Opportunities in Northern, IN.
Emergency Medicine Physician group seeks qualified mid-level providers to fill full-time emergency
medicine positions in Fort Wayne and Marion, Indiana. Stimulating practice environment working
alongside emergency physicians.
Also seeking a qualified mid-level provider to fill a full-time hospitalist position in Peru,
Indiana to assist with the care of inpatients admitted to the hospitalist program. This will involve
performing H&P's, D/C summaries and daily rounding, as well as helping in the emergency department.
Competitive compensation package for all positions. Please send resumes to Dana Samuels at
email@example.com or fax (260) 435-7933.
Physiatry practice seeking skilled PA for full time position
Skilled Physician Assistant is wanted full time to provide basic primary healthcare by diagnosing and
treating chronic pain conditions in a physiatry practice. The PA will provide primary care that
focuses on assessment, health management, education, advocacy and prevention. Roles that might
be assumed will be conducting physical exams, diagnosing and treating illness, interpreting
lab tests and imaging, and counseling patients on healthcare options. The individual may
also aid in covering outlying clinics and perform in patient consultation. Click here for
complete list of duties. Preferred skills include: Health Promotion and Maintenance, Pain
Management, Thoroughness, Clinical Experience, Medical Teamwork, Bedside Manner, Infection
Control, Administering Medication, Self-Development. Qualifications include: Completion of
accredited physician assistant program with active license. Ideal candidate will have 3-5
years of clinical experience in either chronic pain management, orthopaedics, or primary or
emergent care with working knowledge of pain management preferred. Willing to train the "right"
candidate who demonstrates customer-focused service skills, strong prioritization/organization
skills, excellent verbal and written communication, strong computer skills, and ability to work
well in a team environment. Interested candidates, please send resumes to Michelle Creager,
mcreager@PMCrestore.com or Fax to (260) 432-1804.
Part-time PA needed for Radiology Clinic – Indianapolis, IN
Irvington Radiologists is seeking a part time licensed Physician Assistant
to work in our busy and growing Interventional Radiology Clinic. Primary
responsibilities include: Take patient histories and conduct physical exams,
write progress notes and discharge summaries order, and schedule laboratory
studies and diagnostic procedures. Patient Education prefer applicants with
experience but will consider new graduates with a strong interest in radiology.
Send CV with cover letter to Lana Strunk, Irvington Radiologists, 7340 Shadeland
Station, Suite 200 Indianapolis, IN 46256-3980. Fax to (317) 806-8252 or e-mail to
Urology of Indiana - Danville, IN
Full time PA in our Hendricks County location. We serve Central
Indiana from 17 locations.
Seeking a full time Physician Assistant for inpatient rounds, admits,
discharges, office consultations, and some procedures. To apply please
e-mail: HR@urologyin.com with
subject: PA - Danville.
Spine Surgeon seeking PA in Terre Haute, IN
Physician Assistant-owned company looking to hire a PA-C for a full
time position with a spine surgeon in Terre Haute, Indiana. No call
or weekends. Job consists of 3 days of surgery and 2 days of clinic.
Generous compensation. Please contact Kevin at
or (317) 506-4673 for more details.
Gastroenterology group seeking PA
We are a 7 Physician, 2 Physician Assistant, 2 Nurse Practitioner
gastroenterology group serving Community Hospital East, Community
Hospital North and The Indiana Heart Hospital. Our practice was
established over 30 years ago and has continued to grow. Another
physician will be joining our practice in August 2009.
Gastroenterology Associates, Inc. is seeking a physician assistant
to be hospital based. Previous experience in a hospital environment
preferred. This position involves daily rounding on hospital
inpatients, assessing new inpatient consultations and coordinating
procedures and tests as needed. This primarily involves Community
Hospital North and The Indiana Heart Hospital. Competitive salary
with full benefits provided.
Please submit your resume via e-mail to:
Gastroenterology Associates, Inc.
1400 N. Ritter Avenue, Suite 370
Indianapolis, IN 46219
Full time PA/NP needed for inpatient hospital services -
The Care Group Cardiology
The Care Group is a statewide network of cardiologists, vascular
specialists and primary care physicians whose mission is to provide
a continuum of care to patients throughout the state of Indiana.
We are seeking a full time Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
for inpatient hospital services. No Weekends, holidays or call.
Responsibilities for this position include inpatient rounds,
admits, discharges, cardiology consultations, cardiovascular
team organization and management.
All candidates must be a board certified ANP/ACNP/PA and have
extensive CV experience, full prescriptive authority and
Attn: HR (Code 019016)